Your mission :
The EPFL Space Center (eSpace) is looking for an Executive Manager to manage the Center and its recent research initiative on Sustainable Space Logistics.Your team will be a mix of engineers, researchers and students.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Implement the Center’s strategy and define the technology roadmaps related to the research initiative;
- Build partnerships with industries, EPFL’s and other external laboratories, to extract competencies and find synergies with industrial/space agencies’ needs;
- Promote within the Center the opportunities for consortium creation, proposal writing and leading of space technology projects;
- Interface with the Initiative’s Research Council, implement recommendations;
- Participate in student’s education and coaching;
- Define the budget, and resources of the Center;
- Report to the Director and other stakeholders.
Your profile :
- You are a team leader, you know how to inspire people and build trust
- You are enthusiastic about space technologies, and space projects
- You have a research background
- You like business and partnership developments
- You have experience in raising funding from various sources to grow the Center, in proposal writing
- You have experience dealing with industrial customers, ESA and/or laboratories
- You have experience with product development
- You have a good knowledge of French, English and/or German.
We offer :
- A dynamic, interdisciplinary and international working environment
- An internationally visible and rising academic institution in Space Research, Education and Technology Transfer
- A privileged contact with state of the art technological developments
- Access to many continuing education courses.
Start date :
Oct. 1st, 2019
Term of employment :
Work rate :
2 years, renewable
For additional information, please contact Candice Norhadian: email@example.com
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered.