Heterogeneous multi-robot cooperation for exploration and science in extreme environments
The workshop accepts contributions of original papers based on research work conducted on any of the following topics:
- Status of and challenges in performing science and exploration in extreme environments, including but not limited to oceans, glaciers, arctic regions, volcanoes, hot springs, caves, underground tunnels, planetary surfaces, and asteroids.
- Study of immediate needs and scientific priorities for the deployment of heterogeneous multi-robot teams for Earth and Space.
- Recent findings and developments in the fields of multi-agent robot localization, mapping, coordination, communication, task planning, sampling, and cooperative sensing, learning and decision-making.
- Presentation of novel mobile robotic concepts and prototypes for the exploration of unconstructed, dynamic environments.
- Dissemination of lessons learned from the development and field testing of heterogeneous multi-robot teams.
- Exploration of commercial ventures in the field of multi-robot cooperation for Earth and Space.
Research work that includes field testing results or demonstrations is preferred, although papers describing novel robotic concepts and/or early results can also be submitted. Preference will be given to work conducted by early career researchers (undergraduate and graduate students including at PhD level).
All papers will be reviewed by members of the workshop scientific committee and assessed based on IEEE standards. Authors of selected papers will be invited to present their work in one of the two presentation sessions taking place throughout the day
A compilation of selected papers will be later published in the Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems (JINT) as part of a special issue on Robotics for Exploration and Science in Extreme Environments.
All papers must be submitted in PDF following the 6-page (max), double-column IEEE format to the following email address: email@example.com. Templates are available for LaTeX and MS-Word.
- Paper submission deadline: March 26, 2023 (23:59:00 CET)
- Paper notification of acceptance: April 14, 2023
- Camera-ready version deadline: May 12, 2023 (23:59:00 CET)
- Workshop day: June 2, 2023
You can also register now as an online attendant here.
For more information about the workshop, visit espace.epfl.ch/hermes