eSpace websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once your exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Which cookies are generated by eSpace?
When you access eSpace websites, we can, according to your settings, install cookies on your devices, which will allow us to recognize your browser, during the validity time of the cookies.
The cookies that eSpace generates allow us :
- to prepare statistics including frequency of access, the use and performances of websites.
- to adapt the presentation of eSpace websites to the display preferences of your device (langage, operating system etc.)
- to memorize preferences and parameters (authentification)
- to enable you to access reserved or personal spaces on eSpace websites,
- to improve our communication and services.
Which cookies are generated on our websites by third parties?
eSpace websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers, in particular Google Inc..
The service offered by Google Analytics allows eSpace to determine the number of hits on the site and to pinpoint the most frequently visited pages. Those cookies are introduced and read on user’s terminal Equipment and by accessing a web site., using the service “Google Analytics”. The information produced by the cookie are related to your use of eSpace websites and to your IP address. This data is anonymised. For more information regarding Google Analytics, please refer to this website : http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt out of data collection or use by clicking the following links: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
eSpace may include applications emanating from third parties on our websites, which enable you to share the contents of eSpace websites with others or to make these others aware of your visit to our websites, or your opinion. This is particularly the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons, derived from social networks (such as “Twitter”, “Facebook”, “Instagram”, etc.). The social network that provides such an application button may identify you because of this button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our websites. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the social network concerned to follow your browsing on our websites, simply because your account for that social network account was activated on your device (you were logged in) whilst browsing eSpace websites. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purpose, particularly as regards advertising, of browser information that they may gather due to these application buttons. These protection policies must, in particular, allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, especially by programming your user accounts for each of these networks. eSpace is not responsible for any damage related to any personal data transfers to these social networks due to simultaneous connection.
How to control cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them.
Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies. For examples:
- Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ;
- Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html ;
- Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
- Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ;